Tuesday, February 5

Bellasapiosexual.........no??




Now What? 

So a friend of mine claims that he is sapiosexual!!! And I say, 'wash joo!' to that. 

Before I pretend I have always known or heard this word, I must confess that seeing the word for the first time today sent me running to the very famous 'Google' for help, and this is what I found ---> 

Sapiosexual: A behavior of becoming attracted to or aroused by intelligence and its use or a person who is sexually attracted to intelligent people

Errrr…….. My point is that I am not too sure I believe a guy can be simply sapiosexual, based on this definition, as guyz are first and foremost, ‘visual beings’. Before your intelligence shines out to them, your looks must first attract them. I don’t think a guy would be attracted to an unattractive but intelligent lady. Therefore the word shouldn’t be  used by guyz! 

Me thinks we need a word that incorporates beauty and intelligence.

Fixer that I am *solemn face* I'm here to rescue the situation. 

Here is my suggestion: since ‘sapio’ is of Italian origin meaning or relating to wise or sensible (latin origin from sapien also means wise) , and ‘bella’ is used to describe a beautiful lady, I’d say something like ‘bellasapiosexual'. So we can now have

Bellasapiosexual: A behavior of becoming attracted to or aroused by a fine blend of beauty and intelligence or a person who is sexually attracted to intelligent-cum-beautiful people.

*dusts hands*

Yeah! It’s a mouthful but definitely more appropriate. (and it has bella in it!! :p) Maybe, just maybe someday in the future this word will be accepted and adopted by many and find itself in the urban dictionary and I will be credited for this spell of wisdom. But till then.......

Hasta la vista!!!  

1 comment:

  1. Lol.... U had to write this! I guess I'd be the first to adopt the word den.

    I am "Bellasapiosexual" :d :)

    ReplyDelete