Friday, May 17

CbB: Beans Fiesta à la carte


This isn't easy for me considering that the comments I got ranged from "wth" to "eeewwww" but I must say that I got a few "woooowww" from those I told about this. From those who actually ate it, all I got was "mmmm.....nice!" and "definitely better that the original pancake". So my summary is that I must have done something right!! The taste of the pudding is after all in the eating. Let me share with you and so you can be the judge. 

I told my story to some good people at www.wivestownhallconnection.com of how my 'akara fiesta' turned into a disaster ( I can't bare to repeat it) and how I came out shinning brighter than a diamond. This is it ---->

Beans Fiesta and Yoghurt

I used my ground beans from a failed mission to make a pancake!! Magic innit?!!

I got to enjoy this beans pancake with fresh yogurt and a slice of lemon for breakfast.

Behind the scene
Ingredients
Beans
Egg
Magarine
Baking Powder
Sugar
Milk
Groundnuts

This is how it happened:
After washing, skinning and grinding my beans into a smooth and thick paste, I poured it into my mixing bowl. 
In a separate bowl, I mixed my eggs with milk, sugar and baking powder. I used liquid milk so I didn't need to add water to get my desired consistency also the beans was ground with a little water. 
I poured this mixture into the beans paste and mixed thoroughly. 
I crushed some groundnuts by wrapping some in a kitchen towel and beating gently with my rolling pin. I sprinkled the crushed nuts into my batter and mixed some more. 
I put my pan on the fire and added some butter into it and reduced the heat. I gently added spoonfuls of my mixture into the hot oil still on medium-low heat. I waited till the top part (which I could see) had almost completely solidified before flipping over. 
With both sides browned to taste, I removed them from the pan and put on a kitchen towel to drain some oil. I repeated this for the rest of my batter. 

Now, I know that I love beans (like it's on my top 3 favorite foods) in whatever form it is made, but this did not cloud my judgement. I can confidently eat these pancakes without worries! #winning

Don't just be the judge by thinking about it, judge it by actually trying it out for yourself. Let me know how it goes.












No comments:

Post a Comment