Wednesday, May 15

Short Rant: Unpaid Work



Why are men not at least a little bit more in a hurry to get married than ladies? Ok to be a bit more realistic, at least as much in a hurry as ladies! 

See this:
“Marriage or a defacto relationship increases, not decreases, a woman’s amount of unpaid work (u would think that it would decrease it right, I mean logically it should). Compared with women who live alone, a woman in a relationship doubles the time she spends on preparing food and on laundry work. On the other hand, a man in a relationship reduces his unpaid work by a quarter”- Derek Llewellyn-Jones, 1998.
Haaaaaaaaaa!!!! So who really benefits from marriage? Men, I should think!! But no, they say it’s women who want to get married as soon as possible. Are we that eager for more unpaid work (i.e“work no pay”)?? I guess we are a very very, I insist, very charitable specie, what with the going around asking for more work for no pay (or is there pay?). 

It's time to turn the tables! 

A guy has no reason to refuse a proposal which goes:
(insert whatever special name you favor), I love you with all my heart, I want you to be the father of my proposed children and I want to change my last name and leave my family and cleave to you and your family. It’s possible you are not ready to settle down now but let me propose this to you, I am willing and able and ready to take a WHOLE quarter off your unpaid work (dishes, laundry, house cleaning (which you weren’t doing before tho), shopping, cooking) to give you more time to just chill (mind you, it is ‘oyibo’ people that have said it is a quarter so I am certain for the average African man it is at least four-fifth).  

What sane guy wouldn’t say yes to that?! So ladies can go ahead and propose this and unlike the situation with when a guy proposes, the rate of positive responses would be a whopping high of 91.68% (the remaining 8.32% are not yet born).

I am thinking men should start being much more grateful that we want to take over their unpaid work for free!!! It's time!

Disclaimer: The content of this post is not the real life view/position of Bella. Derek there just gave me food for thought……and rant. hehehehe!! 


1 comment:

  1. Looool, I'm actually just seeing this ur rant. Heheehehe, it's really a rant.

    ReplyDelete